Chief Technology Officer
Who is Markus Bucher?
I am… a positive person.
I can… use a drill.
I have… three children and a considerate wife.
I want… to climb the highest mountain in Switzerland one day.
I must… experience the live atmosphere of a football match every now and again.
I will…go on the round-the-world trip at some point.
I like… sweet things – a good dessert is always essential.
I live… in the moment and enjoy every day.
- Markus Bucher has been Chief Technology Officer in the area of Technology & Innovation since August 2017.
- From 2015, he was responsible for implementing technology projects and had management duties in the introduction of the CHAT regional organisation and the development and implementation of the Liberty 3.0 transformation plan to introduce the new operating models for Technology & Innovation.
- From 2010 to 2014, Markus Bucher held the role of Director Build & Implementation and was responsible for planning, construction and documentation tasks for residential and business contracts within the coax and fibre optic network, including monitoring and cooperating with strategic partners.
- From 2006 to 2009, he was responsible for the nationwide upgrade of the hybrid fibre coax networks to 862/65 MHz (1.5 million homes, budget > 100 million).
- Markus Bucher joined the former Rediffusion in 1978. After completing an apprenticeship as a telecommunications, electrical and appliance technician, studying to become an electrical engineer and completing a post-grad course in business management, he held leading roles in the service centre until 1996. Following the integration into the Cablecom group, he held various managerial roles with responsibility for the areas of headend, network construction, documentation, service and network operation centre.