Manage network name (SSID) and password
Here you can learn how to reset or change the name and password for your wifi. Simply select your modem and all the information about managing your access data will be shown.
- Here’s how to change the wifi name and password with your browser:
1. Open the Internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address line
2. Enter “Settings password” (see figure “Access data”)
3. Select “Advanced settings”
4. Select “Configure your wifi connection”
5. Enter name and/or password and click on “Adopt changes”
6. After you have changed the SSID and/or the password, you have to reconnect your devices to the wifi.
You have to be connected to the Connect Box wifi (or its LAN cable) to be able to access the Admin area.
After the change, devices that were previously connected via wifi need to be reconnected.
You can also use the Connect App to change the settings for your wifi. For example, you can:
- reset your wifi password
- share your wifi with guest
- activate or deactivate wifi
1. Open the Connect App
2. Ensure that the Connect App is connected to your Giga Connect Box.
3. Click on the “Internet” area in the menu
4. Select here what you want to change.
FIND OUT ACCESS DATA
The access data on the bottom of the modem are only correct if they have never been changed.
Do you want to restore the default settings for your Giga Connect Box? You can find instructions in our User Guide.
Do you need further assistance?
Take advantage of the knowledge of experienced customers in the UPC Community or contact us directly through the contact page.